Stamford FIRST set a very ambitious timetable and had hoped to complete the Stamford Neighbourhood Plan within 18 months (we started January 2016). The average time to complete a neighbourhood plan – start to finish – is between 3 and 4 years. However, largely due to circumstances beyond our control, we now expect it to be complete in the Spring of 2018.
The primary cause for this delay has been hold-ups in the preparation of South Kesteven District Council’s Local Plan (in part due to local and now general elections). As the Stamford Neighbourhood Plan has to be compliant with SKDC’s Local Plan, our timings have been affected. Not withstanding any further delays the following is the timetable we are now working to –
- Preparation and Drafting of Plan – Jan 2018 – May 2019
- Policies, allocations, designations and community actions to fulfil the Plan objectives will be drafted and brought together into a draft plan.
- Initial meeting with SKDC to sign-off draft – June 2019
- Primarily to determine if due process has been adhered to, but also to determine whether the policies put forward are adequately supported by our evidence base.
- Public consultation on Stamford Plan – August – October 2019
- Redrafting of plan following feedback from consultation – November 2019
- Submission of final draft to Local Planning Authority (SKDC) – December 2019
- The final draft will be submitted to the local planning authority to ensure plan aligns with national and local planning policy
- Review by Independent Auditor for approval – January 2019
- Referendum – Spring 2019
As at August 18th 2019 .